Saturday, February 9, 2013

February Julep Maven Box

I love coming home and finding my Julep Maven box sitting on my front doorstep! I love it even more when the box contains some amazing polishes! My style profile is "It Girl" and this month's theme was inspired by celebrity It Girls. 

Marion is described as a "smokey blue with a sliver shimmer". In the bottle I was really drawn to this fresh looking blue but on my nails I was not as impressed. Here I used two coats. It is a pretty color but I did not see a lot of the silver shine through once on my nails.
Rebel was a wonderful surprise holo silver. At first sight I was disappointed thinking this was just a basic silver polish. I didn't not think the color matched it's namesake, actress Rebel Wilson, accurately. Under a better light however I realized that this was in fact a beautiful holo. As far as holos go I thought this was pretty great. I am usually a big fan of Butter London's Dodgy Barnett and this is a close second. Here I used two coats.


Joan is my favorite from this month's box. This is a beautiful rich raspberry color with flecks of bronze shimmer. I thought this was very unique. The only downside to this color is the rough application. I needed two coats to show the beauty of this polish however their is not a smooth application possibly due to the shimmer. But I do love this color and you will be seeing much more of it in future posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment