Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Years Nails

Cara's Nails

Happy 2013 everyone!! I enjoyed a wonderful night out with some of my favorite people last night and am taking it easy today. On this first day of 2013 I have two New Years manis to share.

 Kate and I both decided to try out something new with our nails. Neither of us have ever used the nail stickers that are currently everywhere. I always felt like it was kind of cheating. But I see now that they are perfect for a quick manicure with little mess!  Kate was nice enough to pick me up a set of Minx nail stickers in a gorgeous gold shine. I finished this manicure off with an "party nail" of Butter London Dodgy Barnett.  Now I have to say that I was not happy at all with this manicure. I was disappointed, not with the product but with my inability to use it!! First, the half moon design looked silly on my short nails. I think this design was intended for longer nails. The metallic was awesome but when I went to file it left some pretty rough edges and dulled the gold in some areas. Finally, with the metallic effect you could see every little mess up. Something I fixated on the rest of the night. I will admit that most of my issues were user error and I wouldn't mind trying these out again in the near future. 


Due to my nail sticker mishap, I decide to create a second manicure. My favorite part about New Years Eve of course is ALL THE GLITTER!! So I could not resist a glamorous manicure for the occasion! 
For a  base coat I used two coats of Julep Otte. For my glitter I used a polish from the Wet n' Wild Fergie collection appropriately named Glamorous

No comments:

Post a Comment