Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Recent Polish Purchases

Kate's Nails 
I've picked up a few new polishes in the last month or so, and I haven't had the chance to try them all out yet.  So I decided to do some swatches so I could see what these colors looked like on my nails.

First up is Julep's Otte.  This is from the December Julep Maven box (thanks for sharing, Cara!).  It is a warm nude color that leans more to the yellow side of nude.  It's not the most flattering for my skin, but I like it anyway.  This would make a nice base for some nail art!




Next we have Revlon's Enamor.  I have been on the lookout for a while for a "pretty" pink.  Essie has some gorgeous ones, but I wanted something that would only take one or two coats (and in my experience, Essies require 3-4).  I stumbled across this Revlon polish at CVS, and I'm really happy with it.  Two coats gets you full coverage.  My camera has a hard time with pinks, though.  This one is much warmer in real life.



Up next is Ulta's Tutu Cute.  I saw this one on a blog a while ago (can't remember where), and added it to my list of wanted polishes.  I picked it up a few times at Ulta, but never bought it.  Until last week, that is.  I'm pretty happy with this one.  It's similar in color and formula to Spoiled's 2 Weeks Sober (which I use in my Ravens nail art).



Lastly is Maybelline Color Show's Impeccable Greys.  I love grey polishes, and this dark grey is a winner.   It looks a bit muddy in the picture, but it's super smooth in person.  I'll be wearing this one a lot, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment