Saturday, November 24, 2012

November Birchbox

Time for a review of the products in my November Birchbox!  This is a bit late, but November has been a crazy busy month so far.  If you're wondering what a Birchbox is, or if you want to see last month's post, click HERE.
This month's box.  So exciting!

So here's the lowdown on the products.

ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara:  
Well, my Birchbox just paid for itself.  Twice.  This is a full sized mascara ($24), and I love it.  It's a perfect mascara for a light, fresh-faced look.  It doesn't clump, and it gives you a very natural enhancement.  As someone with eye allergies, I'm pretty picky about my mascara.  This one feels like you aren't wearing any mascara, and doesn't bother my eyes at all.  This one is a win!

Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder:
Ok, I'll admit it.. I have greasy hair.  I have to wash it every day or else my blonde hair turns brown.  I have tried dry shampoos in the past and not had any success with them.  Unfortunately, I didn't have success with this hair powder either.  It didn't do anything to revive my hair, and it smelled pretty bad.  Oh well.  (Full Size - $30)

Mox Botanicals Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter:
I have mentioned before that I'm a lip gloss snob.  Last month's lip balm was a winner, but this one didn't do anything for me.  It was a bit sticky and waxy, and I ended up giving it away.  
(Full Size - $16)

One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum:
This serum spray had a pretty overpowering scent, but I used it anyway.  I used it on my feet, elbows, and knees, and it did a good job of softening them.  I probably wouldn't buy it again, just because of the scent.  But if they came out with an unscented version I'd be all about it!  
(Full Size - $39)

John Varvatos Artisan:
The theme of this month's box was "Give", so they included this sample of cologne to share with a "lucky guy".  I gave it a sniff before giving it away, and it was a nice scent.  Not overpowering or too musky!

So there you have it.  I'm pretty happy with this month's box, mostly thanks to the awesome mascara!  If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox (or giving a subscription as a Christmas gift!) you can use my referral link herehttps://www.birchbox.com?raf=xdgbr

No comments:

Post a Comment