Thursday, November 1, 2012

Monarch Manicure

Kate's Nails 
I've seen this monarch wing design all over the place, and have been wanting to try it out.  I figured that today would be an appropriate day to give it a go, since the monarch is a symbol of the Day of the Dead.  I didn't have the time or patience to do a full manicure of wings, but I'm loving this accent nail!  It turned out much better than I thought it would, and I'm thinking I need to do a full manicure soon!
My nails are painted with LCN's Tokyo Expression, which might be my favorite all time polish.  The monarch nail was done with a base of Sally Hansen's Mellow Yellow. I sponged a layer of Sally Hansen Sun Kissed on that, and then sponged some parts with OPI's Schnapps Out Of It on top of that.  I lined it in Tokyo Expression, and then did the dots in Milani's White on the Spot.
If you haven't checked out Cara's Día de los Muertos manicure yet, you have to see it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment