Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Birchbox


This month's Birchbox was a good one!  I'm really happy with most of the products, and I even got some nail polish! If you're wondering what a Birchbox is, or if you want to see previous Birchbox posts, click HERE.





Caudalie Divine Oil:
This oil does a really nice job of softening your skin!  I used it on my knees, elbows, and nails, and I was pleased with the results.  A little goes a long way with this product.  I still haven't used the entire sample.  The scent is  nice, but not overpowering.  This is definitely a quality product!
(Full size - $9-$49)

Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixer:
This hair serum promises to help dry hair, and reduce the odds of age-related breakage.  I can't attest to the breakage prevention yet, but it certainly helped my dry ends.  I am in desperate need of a hair cut, and I have more split ends that any person should ever have.  This serum smoothed them out and made my hair soft and better looking.  This is one I'd consider buying when the sample runs out!
(Full Size - $20.99)

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream:
This was my least favorite product of this month's box.  First off, the scent (blueberry) was sickeningly sweet.  It lingered long after I got out of the shower, too.  Yuck.  Second, I could not figure out how much product to use.  I used a little bit, and the razor didn't glide smoothly, so I added a little more, and didn't get a close shave.
(Full Size - $20)

Simple Revitalizing Eye Roll-on:
Full sized sample!! Whoop whoop!  Simple refers to themselves as the "sensitive skin experts".  As someone with sensitive skin, I'm very happy with this eye roller.  It does a great job of reducing puffiness and dark circles (something else I struggle with!).  I will definitely be checking out their other products, and am hopeful that other products will work as well as this eye roller!
(Full Size - $10.99)

Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Poppy:
I love when I get nail polish in my Birchbox!  This was my first experience with a color changing polish, and it was fun to wear!  I used three coats for the swatch below, with no topcoat.  As you can see, it dries with a matte finish.  The color indoors is a super bright raspberry pink.  After only about 15 seconds in the sun, it becomes a darker purple.  I would definitely be interested in trying this polish in other colors!
(Full Size - $10)



If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox (or giving a subscription as a gift!) you can use my referral link herehttps://www.birchbox.com?raf=xdgbr

No comments:

Post a Comment